PRINCIPAL: BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE of SOUTHERN AFRICA
The Baptist Theological College commenced in 1950, and provides both under-graduate and post-graduate degrees to full time and distance learning students from various evangelical denominations.
Applications are being sought for the role of Principal to lead the college through a potential upcoming amalgamation and to firmly establish BTC as the seminary of choice in Southern Africa, based in Johannesburg.
Suitable applicants would hold qualifications at doctoral level, including theology, with a good understanding of theological education and leadership. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the College by working collaboratively with the board, faculty, staff and students
- Promote the identity and values of our College vision, recommending long-range goals and plans designed to reach these goals
- Provide leadership to the educational role of the College in respect of direction, quality and alignment with best practice
- Nurture a learning, teaching and working community that prepares graduates to live and serve faithfully in our emerging society
- Actively cultivate relationships and partnerships with stakeholders and donors outside of the College – both locally and globally
- Serve as primary College spokesperson, and preside at public occasions
- Oversee and integrate areas of academics, student life, institutional operations, finances, human resources and compliance
Applications (with attached Curriculum Vitae) from suitable candidates should be directed in confidence to the secretary of the Search Committee at email@example.com.
Applications close: 24 May 2019
STATEMENT FROM BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Further to the retirement of the previous incumbent, Prof Piff Pereira, agreed to perform the role of Acting Principal until the appointment of a permanent successor.
The Board of the Baptist Theological College has agreed with the Baptist Union to commence the search for a new principal during 2019, with the aim of having an incumbent in place for 2020.
The intention is to have an open and transparent process, while respecting the right of applicants to confidentiality.
A Search Committee has been constituted of equal nominees from the Baptist Union and from the existing BTC Board, in order to manage the search and shortlisting process. Once a preferred candidate has been identified by the Search Committee, the nominee’s candidacy will be put to the Board of the College for recommendation to the Baptist Union executive.
Prof Pereira has graciously agreed to continue his role as Acting Principal until such time as the appointment is agreed and the incumbent is in place. We trust in the Lord’s guidance as we seek to fill this important role.
Gavin Wood: Chair of the Board of Directors (Baptist Theological College)